My story, as told by me...
With the birth of my first daughter, I was born into a new woman. This profound experience inspired my path of sharing yoga for the childbearing year with mothers. I quickly became a birth activist and knew that one day I would be supporting women in the rite-of-passage of birth. I am enjoying the slow incorporation of doula work into my services, which beautifully brings my work full circle. I offer Postpartum Doula Support and occasional Birth Doula Support. I deeply understand the incredible, sometimes challenging, yet joyful transition through birth and into motherhood. I strive to provide a safe, nurturing and empowering space for women to connect with their heart, body and baby in the childbearing years.
I am a mama to my sweet, strong, spirited girls and partner to my loving husband. I have found my calling and teach from my heart with respect for the intuitive wisdom within every mama and baby. I find inspiration and joy in my teachers, the mamas I have the honor to share space with and my daughters - the most incredible teachers in my life.
I am a Certified Prenatal Yoga Teacher through The Seattle Holistic Center, where I studied under the guidance of Colette Crawford. I am sincerely grateful to have trained, apprenticed and taught with Camille Mulchi of MotherWise Yoga in Portland OR. In my work, I draw upon my experiences in pregnancy, birth, motherhood and personal yoga practice of almost 20 years. If certifications, training and professional experience excite you, you can find all of those details about me here below.
In 2011, shortly after moving to Syracuse NY from Portland OR with my family, I 'birthed' MamaBirth YOGA. In the five years I supported Central New York mothers, my work far exceeded my vision. I am delighted to now be offering support for mothers in St. Lawrence County. My greatest hope for my work is that I am able to offer women tools for embracing a conscious and empowering pregnancy, birth and motherhood.
- Prison Yoga Project Teacher Training with James Fox (Trauma Informed, Mindfulness Based), 2018
- Lamaze International trained Childbirth Educator, 2017
- Aerial Yoga Teacher Training with Kim Fischer of Lotus Life Yoga Center, 2014
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Colette Crawford of Seattle Holistic Center, 2011
- Perinatal Yoga Teacher Apprenticeship with Camille Mulchi of MotherWise Yoga, 2011
- Founding Member of St. Lawrence County Birth Connection, 2016 - present
- Chapter leader of ICAN of Syracuse, a nonprofit whose mission is to improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for Cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC). 2012 - 2015
- Founding member of BirthNetwork CNY, 2011 - 2014
- VBAC Presentation at Gender, Sex & Sexuality Conference, 2018
- Crouse Hospital Guest Presenter for Labor & Delivery Nursing Students, 2017
- Guest Yoga Teacher for Doula Trainings International OneDoula Retreat in Tulum Mexico, 2015
- Contract Teacher Trainer, Prenatal Yoga Module for Lotus Life Yoga Center 200 hr Teacher Trainees, 2014 - 2015
- Crouse Hospital Childbirth Education Guest Presenter, 2013
- Perinatal Yoga Teacher Apprenticeship Program - Mentored 10 Yoga Teachers, 2013 - 2014
- SEEN Doula Mentorship with Birdsong Brooklyn, 2018
- Belly Binding for Birth Professionals, 2017
- Crouse Hospital Perinatal Mood Disorders Training, 2015
- Breastfeeding Workshop for Birth Professionals with Jen Deshaies (certified childbirth and postpartum doula, certified lactation counselor) of Bluebird Birth and Breastfeeding, 2014
- Stand on Your Rights Workshop: Demystifying Legal Rights in Childbirth & How to Use Them with Cristen Pascucci of Birth Monopoly, 2014
- 'The Truth about VBAC' Webinar Workshop with Jennifer Kamel of VBAC Facts, 2013